We are looking for excellent
to add to our growing team!
Salary: $10-$15 hr depending on experience
Based in: Lawrenceville, GA but must be willing to travel to gigs in Atlanta and surrounding areas.
- Fun environment!
- Free food!
- Opportunity for Extra income!
- Flexible (as needed) - will receive advanced notice for gigs so you can properly plan your schedule.
- Catering Events are Fun!
- Did we mention, free food??!!
- We're an Awesome Team!
Candidates must have a positive attitude, great communication and customer service skillls, a strong work ethic and a desire to go above and beyond to exceed our customers expectations!
Catering assistants prepare food, stock supplies, and clean work areas. They typically work alongside caterers at events such as conferences, galas, and weddings. Position is part time (on call/as needed) however advanced notice will be provided. It is common for catering assistants to work early mornings, late nights, and on weekends.
Catering Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
While a catering assistant’s day-to-day duties and responsibilities are determined by where they work, there are many core tasks associated with the role, such as:
Assist in Food Preparation
Catering assistants help prepare food in the kitchen. They carry out basic food preparation tasks such as washing and peeling produce, plating foods, bottling sauces, etc.
Set Up Catering Events
At venues, catering assistants set up the event area. They load and unload items/equipment, assist with food displays, plating food, food delivery etc. They assist with set up of all relevant items at off-site catering events.
Catering Assistant Skills and Qualifications
- Work in a Fast Paced Environment
- Organized and Effecient
- Excellent Multitasker
- Positive Attitude
- Great Attention to Detail
- Must be Prompt/On-Time to all events
- Must have Reliable Transportation
In addition to having prior experience working with food, catering assistants possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Physical dexterity – having to stand for long periods of time, they also lift, pull, carry, and push items; bending, kneeling, and stooping are necessary for some functions of this position
- Hygiene – working with food, catering assistants pay attention to hygiene; cleaning up, they follow procedures for proper sanitation; they wash their hands and maintain a presentable appearance when preparing or serving food
- Customer service skills – maintaining a friendly and personable attitude, catering assistants assist with customer questions in a friendly and courteous manner
- Teamwork skills – working as part of a team, catering assistants communicate effectively with other staff members to ensure catering events run smoothly, and they help out chefs, servers, and caterers
- Food handling experience – catering assistants work in the kitchen to help prepare food. Their duties include working with dry ingredients, washing and cutting produce, preparing sauces and dressings following directions to ensure the accurate preparation of food. Adhering to health and safety guidelines, catering assistants follow recipes and directions to ensure the accurate preparation of food
Catering Assistant Education and Training
There are no minimum educational requirements to be a catering assistant. Must be 18 yrs or older. Food handler’s certificate is desired but not required. Prefer at least one year of experience working in the food industry; however, willing to train those who have no experience but the right attitude. On-the-job-training typically includes walking through various steps of the catering process and customer service etiquette.
Please Email Resumes to:
Serious Inquiries Only!